2020 FSE Scholarship
Published on Wed, 11/06/2019 - 15:36
The Florida Supervisors of Elections is proud to once again offer scholarship opportunities to students from around the state. Three scholarships for $1,200 each will be awarded in 2020. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is Feb. 28, 2020. The winning students will be announced and recognized at the FSE Summer Conference in May.
To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship you must:
- Be either a Political Science, Public/Business Administration or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been a bona fide resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
- Have finished two years of junior college or undergraduate work (enough credit for enrollment as a junior).
- Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from, and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
- Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities as well as what you have done for you community.
- Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (You do not have to submit an official form - you can just send a statement of your financial need.)
- Have maintained a "C" average or above for the previous year.
- Be available for a personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
- Be registered to vote! (Written verification required by the Supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
Scholarship must be given to students attending a Florida university or college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The scholarship check will be made payable to the winning applicant and to the school which they will be attending.
- Must apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements (Failure to do so could result in non-consideration.)
- Must continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Must maintain a "C" average or above.
- Must remain in good standing at the institution.
- Must be received by the Supervisor of Elections in the county that you are registered in by February 28, 2020.
- Letters of recommendation must accompany application or be received by the deadline.
Each county's Supervisor will review all applications received and select one finalist to be sent to the FSE Scholarship Committee, along with a written opinion of the applicant. The FSE Scholarship Committee will select three winners ($1,200 each) from the finalists submitted by the Supervisors. A student who has received the scholarship award may make a second application the following year.
Orange County Supervisor of Elections
P.O. Box 562001
Orlando, FL 32856-2001