2022 FSE Scholarship
Published on Thu, 01/27/2022 - 15:59
Applications are now available for the annual FSE Scholarship! Review the requirements below, and apply by March 11, 2022.
To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship, the student applicant shall:
- Be either a Political Science, Public/Business Administration, or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been a resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida - no postgraduate or second-degree students.
- Be at least a junior in college, or have enough credits for enrollment as a junior prior to the application deadline.
- Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from, and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
- Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities as well as what you have done for your community.
- Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which show what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form - can just send a statement of their financial need.)
- Have maintained a "C" average or above for the previous year.
- Be available for a personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
- Be registered to vote. (Written verification required by the Supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
Eligible Institution: Scholarship must be given to student attending a Florida university or college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Stipulation: The scholarship check will be made payable to the winning applicant and to the school which they will be attending.
- Must apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could results in non-consideration.)
- Must continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Must maintain a "C" average or above.
- Must remain in good standing at the institution.
- Must be received by the Supervisor of Elections in the county that you are registered in by March 11, 2022.
- Letters of recommendation must accompany application OR be received by the deadline.
Each county's Supervisor will review all applications received and select one finalist to be sent to the FSE Scholarship Committee, along with a written opinion of the applicant. The FSE Scholarship Committee will select three winners ($1,200 each) from the finalists submitted from the Supervisors. A student who has received the scholarship aware may make a second application the following year.
Submitting the Application
Mail your application to:
Orange County Supervisor of Elections
P.O. Box 562001
Orlando, FL 32856-2001