Animated Video Contest
Published on Fri, 05/29/2020 - 08:35
Calling all creators!
We are looking for an animated video to help inform our community about the vote-by-mail process, from start to finish! The video should be 2 minutes or less, showing how to request a vote-by-mail ballot, return it, and make sure it is counted. The video must be original work – any plagiarized content will be automatically disqualified.
The winner must be willing to edit the video, should any laws or requirements referenced in the video change.
Submission deadline: July 12th, 11:59 p.m.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public voting: July 14th – July 21st
Prize: $200 Visa gift card
Winner announced: July 22nd
Video should include the following points about vote-by-mail in some way:
- Voting by mail is easy, convenient, safe, and secure
- Anyone can request a vote-by-mail ballot (no excuse required)
- Request online or by phone:
- (407) 836-VOTE (8683)
- Deadline to request is 5 p.m. 10 days before the election
- Must sign the return envelope (Voter’s Certificate)
- Vote-by-mail ballot can be dropped off at any early voting location or our office
- No stamps required – return postage is already paid
- Return ballot in the mail at least 5 days before Election Day (per USPS)
- Our office must receive the ballot by 7 p.m. Election Day – postmarks do not count
- Track your ballot online at OrangeCountyVotes.com