2023 FSE Scholarship
Published on Thu, 01/19/2023 - 09:19
How to Apply
Deadline to Apply: March 10, 2023
Applications are now available for the annual FSE Scholarship! Review the requirements, download the application packet below, and apply by March 10, 2023.
- Be a Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been a resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. (No post-graduate or second-degree students.)
- Be at least a junior in college, or have enough credits for enrollment as a junior, prior to the application deadline.
- Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
- Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities, as well as what you have done for your community.
- Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form – can just send a statement of their financial need.)
- Have maintained a “C” average or above for the previous school year.
- Be available for an interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where they are registered to vote.
- Be registered to vote. (Written verification required by supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
Scholarship must be given to a student attending a Florida university or college, which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The scholarship check will be made payable to the winning applicant and to the school where they will be attending.
- Must apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could results in non-consideration.)
- Must continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Must maintain a “C” average or above.
- Must remain in good standing at the institution.
- Must be received by the Supervisor of Elections in the county that you are registered in by March 10, 2023.
- Letters of recommendation must accompany application or be received by the deadline.
Each county’s Supervisor of Elections will review all applications received and select one finalist to be sent to the FSE Scholarship Committee, along with a letter of recommendation for the applicant. The FSE Scholarship Committee will select four winners ($1,200 each) from the finalists submitted by the supervisors. A student who has received the scholarship award may make a second application the following year.
Submitting Your Application
Mail or email your application to:
Orange County Supervisor of Elections
ATTN: FSE Committee
P.O. Box 562001
Orlando, FL 32856-2001